BIOGRAPHY OF ELON REEVE MUSK
Elon Reeve Musk, is an entrepreneur, industrial designer and engineer. He is the founder, CEO, CTO and chief designer at SpaceX. Also the earliest investor, CEO and product architect of Tesla, founder of The Boring company, co-founder of Neuralink, co-founder and initial co-chairman OpenAI. He has a net worth of 136.9 Billion USD according to Forbes magazine 2020. He is a father, husband, visionary, inventor and a role model to entrepreneurs all around the world.
Elon Reeve Musk was born on the 28th of June 1971 in the city of Pretoria, South Africa. He was born to a South African/ Canadian couple. From an early age, he displayed an enthusiasm for computers and electronic devices.
Created a video game at the tender age of 12 and sold it to a computer magazine. He left South Africa at the age of 17 in 1988 after obtaining a Canadian passport.
He left because he was not willing to support the apartheid regime through compulsory military service, and to explore the economic opportunities available in the United States.
Here is our list of online opportunities for you:
- How to make money online from home (9 profitable side hustle)
- Expertnaire Review: The only affiliate network that pays 50% commission
- How to make money quick selling information products online
- How to start high paying copywriting job online
- All you need to know about YouTube marketing
He attended Queens University in Kingston, Ontario, and transferred to the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia in 1992 where he obtained his first degree in physics and economics in 1997.
He enrolled in graduate school of physics Stanford University, California, but left just only after two days because he saw the potential the internet had to change the world.
Elon founded Zip2 in 1995, a company which provided online newspaper companies with maps and business directories. It was later bought by Compaq for $307 million.
The guy also went on and founded X.com, which was an online financial service company. It later became PayPal and specialized in transferring money online. eBay bought PayPal in 2002 for $1.5 billion.
As a visionary, he believed that for humanity to survive it had to be a multiplanet species. Which lead him to found the Space Exploration Technologies “SpaceX” He made affordable rockets and his first two rockets were the Falcon1 which was first launched in 2006, and the Falcon 9 which was first launched in 2010.
They were designed to cost much less than competing rockets. Other rockets made were the Falcon heavy launched in 2018, designed to carry 53,000kg to orbit. The Dragon Spacecraft, which carries supplies to the international space station.
Musk had always been fascinated with the possibilities of electric cars, and in 2004 he became one the major founders of Tesla motors later named Tesla which was an electric car company. In 2006 tesla introduced its first car, the Roadstar which could travel 394km on a single charge.
They went on to produce more cars like the Model S sedan, Model X luxury SUV which went on the market in 2015, Model 3 which was less expensive and went into production in 2017.
In 2013, Musk was dissatisfied with the cost of a high speed rail system in California, thus he proposed an alternate, faster and yet cheaper system, the Hyperloop.
A pneumatic tube with a pod carrying 28 passengers will travel nearly at the speed of sound between Los Angeles and San Francisco.
MY FAVORITES QOUTES OF ELON REEVE MUSK
Elon Musk is undoubtedly a genius, a risk taker, an innovator, entrepreneur and enthusiast. Let’s take a peek into the mind of Elon Reeve Musk by going through some of his favorite quotes.
- “when something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor”
- Failure is an option here. If things are not failing, then you are not innovating enough.”
- “I think it’s important to have a feedback loop, where you’re constantly thinking about what you’ve done and how you could be doing it better.”
- “it’s ok to have your eggs in one basket as long as you control what happens to that basket”
- “The first step is to establish that something is possible, then probability will occur.”
- “Being an entrepreneur is like eating glass and staring into the abyss of death.”
- “You shouldn’t do things differently just because they are different. They need to be better.”
- “Don’t delude yourself into thinking something is working when it’s not, or you’re gonna be fixated on a bad solution.”
- “Don’t confuse schooling with education. I didn’t go to Harvard, but the people that work for me did.”
- “I think it is possible for ordinary people to choose to be extraordinary.”
Elon Musk still remains one of the greatest minds of our generation, an entrepreneur, inventor, and visionary. It is a great honor to share with you the biography of one of my favorite entrepreneurs. Are you working on a particular project right now? What do you plan to invent in the nearest future? TELL US!….May be we can help..Please don’t forget to comment, subscribe and follow us on twitter.